LEAD FIRE MECHANIC
Hurricane Valley Fire Special Services District is looking for a Lead Fire Mechanic to assist in the specification, purchase, routine maintenance, and repair of fire and EMS apparatus, vehicles and equipment. We are seeking an above entry level, flexible, career minded individual to become part of our team.
You will have the task of establishing an industry leading maintenance facility and apparatus support division. Your duties will include the selection, preventative maintaining, emergency repairs, and training of employees on a wide variety of apparatus, vehicles and equipment. You will be our apparatus, vehicle and equipment professional assisting us to meet the needs of an expanding organization. You will perform a variety of tasks that may include:
• Troubleshoot apparatus and equipment issues.
• Provide support to employees.
• Work proactively to improve our fleet and equipment.
• Assist in developing specifications for apparatus, vehicles, specialized equipment, etc.
• Answer chat and phone communications from employees.
• Complete support items in a timely fashion.
• Must be self-motivated, responsive and have a sense of urgency.
• Must be an excellent communicator.
• Mechanic experience is a must with preference given to heavy equipment and fire apparatus experience.
• Ability to manage multiples tasks and deadlines on a tight schedule.
• A complete benefits package including:
o Competitive salary
o Paid leave
▪ Sick o Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
o Wellness Program
o Employee Assistance Program
o Participation in the Utah Retirement System
o Diverse working environment
Interested individuals need to complete and submit a Hurricane Valley Fire SSD employment application and resume electronically to [email protected]
or our administrative offices at 202 East State Street in Hurricane by 5:00 pm on June 30, 2022. Applications are available online at www.hvfssd.org under Public Info or at our offices Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., excluding holidays. The applicant is encouraged to verify that their application and resume have been received prior to the deadline. HVFSSD is not responsible for misdirected and/or non-delivered applications.
A full job description is available at www.hvfssd.org